BSL Residential Support Workers – Underwood, Nottinghamshire
Salary: £9 – £15 per hour, dependent on experience
We are looking for dynamic people with a positive sensitive approach who have a genuine interest in providing intensive residential one to one support to a young male adult with learning disabilities, mental health conditions and very challenging behaviours.
Ideal candidates will be passionate about providing therapeutic, creative, safe and exciting care and support in a residential home environment. Candidate must have a passion for making a difference to our customer’s life.
Although at times challenging, this job can be extremely rewarding.
- Must be able to use British Sign Language
- Must be confident and have the ability to keep a calm head in challenging situations.
- Flexible – must be flexible to cover shift patterns which include a mix of earlies, lates, nights, long days, weekends and sleep-ins
- Ability to engage with patients/clients with challenging behaviours.
- Some experience of looking after others.
- Must have or willing to have control and restraint training, (PMVA, MAPA or equivalent) – Full mandatory training is provided alongside a further 3-day client specific course incorporating de-escalation, breakaway techniques and restraint holds.
- Ability to use Makaton is an advantage
- NHS experience is an advantage
- Experience of working within Secure Units or Mental Health Care Settings is an advantage
We offer good benefits and continuous development and training.
For more information please email:
First Class Care on 0115 860 2258 / 07376 083628
Closing Date 25 June 2018