Chaplain Amongst Deaf People
Oxford Diocesan Council for the Deaf and Hard of Hearing
Have you a passion for nurturing and supporting the faith journeys of those who are deaf or hard of hearing? Are you committed to a church that includes people of all abilities and life experiences, and generates an enriched understanding of God from them? This chaplaincy role is an exciting opportunity for someone to be pastoral, pioneering and prophetic.
We are looking for an ordained minister within the Church of England who:
- appreciates the spiritual gifts of deaf people and desires that the wider church learns from them
- understands the spiritual needs of deaf people and can facilitate their pastoral care
- is both self-motivating and enthusiastic about working collaboratively, and has experience of managing volunteers
- has or is willing to train to BSL communication skills up to level 3
- has a proven track record in working effectively within the Church of England
The post will attract an incumbent rate stipend and housing allowance or a pensionable salary of circa. £40,000.
This role attracts a Genuine Occupational Requirement (GOR) for the appointed persons to be an ordained member of the Church of England under Part 1 Schedule 9 of the Equality Act 2010.
An enhanced DBS disclosure is required for this role.
Closing date: 17:00 22nd March 2017
Interviews: Friday 31st March 2017
To request an information pack, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more informal conversation please contact: Tim Edge 01993 773438
We are committed to the promotion of equal opportunities for all.