Communication Support Worker – Kirby Muxloe Primary School
Hours: 25 hours per week
Start date: ASAP – Temporary post; 1 year in the first instance
- want to work with an amazing child?
- have the skills to make a difference?
- love to work in a supportive and caring environment?
Kirby Muxloe Primary School wishes to appoint a dynamic and knowledgeable Communication Support Worker to support a deaf child in a mainstream setting.
You will work under the direct supervision of a teacher, to provide support for teaching and learning and associated activities in accordance with school policies and procedures.
Support will involve mediating and supporting language in both BSL and oral English.
You will also assist children to achieve their learning objectives through learning support, reinforcing expectations and vocabularies, and clarifying tasks.
You may also work with groups of children encouraging positive relationships and social interaction.
Our Communication Support Worker will also liaise with parents using BSL and provide a link support between other members of staff, other agencies and parents
The applicant should have:
- High expectations
- The ability to work flexibly and to use own initiative
- Experience of working within an educational environment with Deaf and HI students
- Good spoken English skills
- Be able to develop and maintain records and liaise between all interested parties.
- Excellent organisational skills
- A minimum of BSL Level 3 or equivalent essential
- A minimum of A-C GCSE English and Maths or equivalent essential.
Kirby Muxloe Primary School is a stand-alone academy and is a member of the Enrich partnerships and STEP Teaching School Alliance. We are currently rated by OFSTED as a ‘Good School’ and aspire to provide an excellent and exciting educational experience for children in the local community of Kirby Muxloe.
If you feel you have the drive, determination and experience to join our team, we would love to hear from you.
The successful candidate will have to meet the requirements of the personal specification in order to be offered the post and will be subject to an enhanced DBS check. We welcome applications regardless of age, gender, ethnicity or religion.
Visits to the school are welcomed. To arrange a visit, request an application pack or for further details, please contact the Inclusion Leader, Helene Fisher: 0116 2393410
Kirby Muxloe Primary School
Leicester LE9 2AA