Deaf & Wellbeing Officer (Maternity Cover) – London
deafPLUS is a registered medium-sized charity and company limited by guarantee working to encourage integration and equality between D/deaf and hearing people in all areas of life. We provide a range of services from Advocacy to Employment, equipment to information and advice across 5 centres around the UK.
We are seeking an individual with great organisational and interpersonal skills to take on this exciting role, based in Whitechapel, to manage and deliver the following services to clients. The main projects include:
- To provide health & wellbeing activities to contribute to the overall wellbeing of clients in Tower Hamlets
- To raise awareness of deafness and communication barriers to GPs and health professionals
- To manage, supervise and work closely with Health and Wellbeing Assistant
- To organise and recruit participants on lipreading classes
- To organise half term activities and community development
- To organise annual Carers Conference
Working hours: 20 hours per week until 30th September 2019. Job share will be considered.
Location: The candidate will be based at our Whitechapel Centre in London as well as travelling around the Borough of Tower Hamlets.
Salary: £22,842.12 – £24,129.84 per annum pro-rata (Scale 525 – 528)
Closing date for applications: Thursday 24th January 2019 at 5pm.
Interviews: Tuesday 29th January 2019
How to apply: The job pack can be found on our website www.deafplus.org
For an informal chat and further details and an application pack, please contact: Aiysha Begum, Team Leader on email@example.com.
We welcome applications from suitably experienced individuals irrespective of racial origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy & maternity, gender, religion or disability