Director of Finance
South East Base – Closing date 28thFebruary
It is a great time to join SignHealth. Together with our recently appointed Chief Executive, we are developing our new Strategy which will strengthen our presence and ensure the Charity continues to place its services at the fore. Our recently re-organised finance team will support the Charity to broaden and develop other income streams and new services.
SignHealth has just celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. We are a successful national charity, and keen to keep growing. We employ 160 people in projects all over the UK. We are proud that more than half our employees are deaf. Delivering deaf services for the deaf by deaf professionals, means we provide specialist, high quality services. The Charity has three decades of experience improving the lives of deaf people and ensuring that deaf people get the same access to healthcare as hearing people and support those for whom mainstream services ignore.
Do you want a role in a national charity where you can truly have a positive impact on the organisation at a strategic level? You will work closely with the CEO and senior management team to lead on the strategic planning and long-term development of the charity, including business planning, policy setting, financial forecasting, risk and operational capacity. As a qualified accountant, and of graduate calibre you will have experience in the either the charitable sector, social care sector or social health sector and can demonstrate your understanding of our Charity’s priorities and challenges.
A pre-requisite is a successful track record of building and managing a financially sustainable organisation. You will have the ability and knowledge to successfully manage teams towards the delivery of key goals whilst displaying tenacity, resilience, resourcefulness and a collaborative approach.
The Finance & Resources Director has lead responsibility for many of the internal-facing functions of the organisation including ICT and will take the lead on property and estates management.
Applications from those seeking to work both full time and part time will be considered.
How to Apply
- Application is by CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
- The covering letter should address your personal interest in the role, and how your experience supports you to fulfil the skills required. Recruitment pack are available for each role.
Further information and queries
- If you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Sarah Peter, Head of HR on 07928551291 or 01494 687600 (SignHealth Headquarters’ line.)
- Our online interpreter service: “InterpreterNow” is available to use for an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- SignHealth Website
- We positively welcome applications from D/deaf people who meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification.