Executive Assistant to Directors – Love Language
Post: Executive Assistant to Love Language’s one Deaf and one hearing Co-CEOs
Employer: Love Language Ltd
Contracted Hours: Part-Time 24 hours per week minimum contract. Opportunity to negotiate weekly hours, excluding Monday shifts which are non-negotiable. Possibility of increased hours in the future in line with company demand.
Package: £33,500 pro rata per annum, pension and training bursary
Location: Stratford, London, E20
Minimum Requisits: Strong BSL skills and fluency in spoken and written English, Strong copy writing/copy editing skills with significant experience in an Executive Assistance role and dealing with a large spectrum of clientele. Minimum qualification: degree holder. Desirable: BSL – spoken English communicating/ interpreting experience.
Love Language Ltd. specialises in sign language and accessibility services for D/deaf people, with a professional client base throughout the UK. We partner with organisations across the Arts, Technological, Political, Educational and Media sectors to achieve valued models of inclusion that go beyond the standard notion of accessibility. Our team is comprised of diverse and dedicated individuals and partner organisations who all bring varied expertise to the table, helping to keep our work current, relevant, and our people energised to inject innovation into our accessibility solutions. We are philanthropic and results driven; a limited company with a commitment to achieving social development through community initiatives.
Love Language is based in a state-of-the art innovation centre, complete with a makers lab, events spaces, a library, park, cafe’s, bars, and sports facilities. It is situated on the canal-side within the regenerated Olympic Park site at Here East, Stratford.
Executive EA Position
The Executive Assistant’s primary responsibility is to provide high level support to the Co-CEO team, comprised of Rezene Woldeyesus who is a Deaf BSL user and Naomi Bottrill who is a hearing user of spoken English and BSL. The role requires a good level of fluency in BSL and spoken English, a broad and solid skillset in coordination, administration, finance and project management. You will play a pivotal role within a company made up of passionate professionals, where teamwork, creativity and fun are the fuel to us pioneering new pathways in Sign Language Interpreting, BSL Media and Accessibility consultancy in the UK.
Applicants should have highly developed organisational, critical analysis, problem-solving, and managerial skills with an eye for detail. The ideal candidate will have impeccable communication and copywriting skills, alongside the ability to relate to a wide spectrum of people from different backgrounds, cultures, and industries. Love Language work with clients that range from the Houses of Parliament, internationally acclaimed summit leaders, to broadcasters and, most importantly, to the many individuals who make up the deaf community. This is a role that is suited to someone who is business minded, highly driven, and who has a strong sense of justice with a desire to change the status quo of present day equality.
- Prepare and/or draft the Director’s correspondence, reports and documents based on dictation and or brain storm meetings
- Manage Director’s diaries, meeting preparation and company schedules
- Manage Director expenses
- Manage Directors’ social media accounts
- Project management of one project running alongside EA responsibilities
- Accurate record keeping and managing filing structures
- Personal administrative tasks for both Directors
- Supporting all business needs of the Directors
Essential Skills and Experience
- Excellent communication and people skills, written English Language skills and with a good level of BSL fluency
- Minimum qualification required: University Degree of relevant subject
- Extensive experience as an Executive Assistant and/or Office Manager
- Demonstrable practical experience and knowledge of Business management
- Tech savvy on most computer systems and mobile applications, or able to quickly research and self-learn
- Impeccable organisational skills with the ability to produce highly detailed work
- Creative writing / photographic and graphic skills suitable to creatively managing social media accounts
- Excellent leadership and team player skills
- Experienced in working with confidential information and in a support role to senior positions
- Honest and trustworthy
- Self starter with proven track record of delivery
- Intuitive, reflective and responsive
- Confident and able to act on initiative and anticipate needs
- Highly motivated
- Committed to achieving company goals and outcomes
- Positive and energetic approach to life and work
- Desire to progress and grow as an individual
- Strong work ethic
Desirable Programme Experience
- OSX, iOS, iWorks
- Microsoft Office (Word / Excel / PowerPoint / Outlook / Data Base)
- Mailchimp, Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Snapchat, LinkedIn
- com, Xero, Dropbox, G-suite
- Experience of basic graphic design programmes favourable