Head of Sensory Service
Required summer term 2017 or September 2017
Salary: Qualified Teacher TLR(1B)
St Clere’s Co-operative Academy Trust wish to appoint a Head of Sensory Service for Thurrock who will lead, manager and maintain the sensory service for children and young people which includes both Hearing and visual impairment.
The successful candidate will:
- Lead and co-ordinate the staffing team within the sensory service in St Clere’s Cooperative Academy Trust and work in collaboration with Warren Primary School.
- Provide leadership and management skills to enable the Sensory Service Resource Bases and Outreach Services to meet the key performance measures as agreed with Thurrock Local Authority who commission this service.
Successful applicants would need a head for finance and an ability to strategically plan and manage in a rapid changing education environment. Substantial teaching experience as a qualified Teacher of the deaf and/or visually impaired is essential.
Applicants with a relevant management qualification, e.g. Leadership and Management Level 4 or equivalent along with a proven record in a similar role and/or Sensory Resource Base Leadership experience will also be considered.
We offer you:
- The support of an experienced Chief Executive Officer and Headteachers
- Highly professional, dedicated staff and supportive governors
- A Trust that values and celebrates cultural diversity
- A salary that recognises your key role in the community
- A positive partnership with Thurrock Local Authority.
All schools in the Trust work in equal partnership and are members of the Schools’ Co-operative Society.
Visits are welcomed.
Application forms available from Mrs Louise Guy Trust HR Manager 01375 641001 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Thurrock Sensory Service for Primary and Secondary Pupils
with Visual and or Hearing Impairment
Butts Lane, Stanford-le-Hope, Essex. SS17 0NW
Tel: 01375 641001
Closing date: Midday 3rd March 2017
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of our young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. This post will require an enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure and Barring Service.