Lead Specialist Teacher of the Deaf
LEAD SPECIALIST TEACHER OF THE DEAF
Salary: Inner London Pay Scale plus TLR 2b and SEN allowance 1
Start Date: September 2019
We are looking for a committed and enthusiastic teacher to lead our Hearing Impaired Provision.
The successful candidate will:
- Have the ability to raise attainment, innovating in the classroom to inspire and motivate students
- Have high standards and strong classroom management skills
- Have a passion for science, excellent subject knowledge beyond the curriculum, the ability to teach at A ‘level and be committed to ensuring all students reach their full potential
Dormers Wells High School is an 11-18 mixed, multi-cultural comprehensive school. We are an Investors in People school and professional development is at the heart of our work. We have high expectations for the achievement of all of our students at Dormers Wells High School.
Our latest Ofsted report validates this sentiment with the school continuing to be judged as securely Good.
“The atmosphere is calm and orderly. Pupils have high aspirations and work hard”. Ofsted
“Staff know individuals well, and consequently relationships are good throughout.” “The impressive new building supports pupils effectively to make good progress” Ofsted December 2015.
The continual professional development of all our staff is a priority at Dormers Wells High School. We develop our performance and practice in a number of ways:
- Professional Development CPD sessions on Learning and Teaching
- DLTS (Department Learning Teaching Sessions)
- MLDP (Middle Leader Development Programme)
Closing date: 9.00am on Monday 20th May 2019 with interviews to be held shortly thereafter
The school is committed to safeguarding children and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The school follows safe recruitment practices to protect children and vulnerable adults. Successful applicants will be required to apply for an enhanced disclosure from the DBS. Further information can be found at https://www.gov.uk/government/organisations/disclosure-and-barring-service