Learning Support Assistant – Emmbrook Infant School
Hearing Impaired Resource at Emmbrook Infant & Junior Schools
Term time only – 26.25 hrs per week (+ 2.5hrs at Lunchtimes)
Required from September 2020
WBC Grade 4 – £19,554 – £21,166 Pro rata
We are looking to appoint an experienced learning support assistant with BSL level 3 (minimum) to support our hearing impaired children. The hearing impaired resource is a provision delivered across Emmbrook Infant and Junior schools. You will be joining a committed and enthusiastic team who have considerable experience of working with hearing impaired pupils. Your role will be to continue the support and learning of the hearing impaired children alongside and in consultation with other school staff. We are a total communication setting and communicate with children in their preferred method of communication. Signing skills are essential for this role.
The ideal candidate:
- will have a flexible approach to meeting the individual needs of each child
- will have a genuine enthusiasm and commitment for working with hearing impaired children of all abilities
- will support the excellent provision currently delivered across both schools
- is highly motivated and would like to be part of our small, hardworking school family
- has excellent written and verbal communication and organisational skills
- has BSL level 3 (Minimum requirement)
- is committed to team work and maintaining high standards
- has high expectations for pupils’ achievement, progress and behaviour
In return we offer:
- welcoming and supportive schools
- supportive and friendly teams of staff and governors
- a strong ethos based on shared values and high expectations
If you have a passion for supporting children’s learning, have an enthusiastic, caring yet firm attitude and the ability to be flexible and work as part of a supportive team, we would love to hear from you.
For an application form and job description, please visit: https://emmbrookinfantschool.co.uk/vacancies/
Please email completed application forms to email@example.com
Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews can be arranged at short notice.
Visits are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service clearance being received.