Production Co-ordinator (Maternity Cover) – BSLBT
Fixed-term contract (June 2021-June 2022)
Based at home initially and then at BSLBT’s office near Old St, London N1
Salary according to skills and experience
BSLBT is a young, successful charity with an ambitious agenda. Funded by commercial broadcasters, we commission television programmes and some online content made in British Sign Language, and we support the companies and Deaf programme-makers who produce them.
We are looking for an experienced Production Co-ordinator to join our Commissioning team to cover maternity leave. You will support three Production Executives, particularly with handling programme delivery, and you will also give administrative support to our business advisors.
For full details, please go to https://www.bslzone.co.uk/opportunities/bslbt-production-co-ordinator to see the role description and person specification in a PDF file, or watch the BSL video on this page. Please also look at our website and social media to get an understanding of who we are and what we do.
For this role, we need someone who has at least five years’ varied experience as a Production Co-ordinator in broadcast television. You also need:
- The ability to prioritise the Production Executives’ immediate needs over ongoing work
- Patience and persistence to ensure BSLBT receives all the information and documentation it requires
- Very good attention to detail
- High proficiency in Excel in a variety of applications
- Excellent written English and proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, PowerPoint)
- To be comfortable with using cloud-based filing platforms and different email systems
- An understanding of OTT platforms and file requirements/broadcast file formats for programme delivery
- Knowledge of distribution to broadcasters
- An interest in what BSLBT does, and if not a BSL user, a willingness to learn conversational BSL
We also particularly welcome candidates who meet the requirements above and have an interest in Deaf culture and language, and who are comfortable using Apple products.
To apply, please send a relevant CV plus a one-page letter explaining how you are suitable for this role to firstname.lastname@example.org by 1200 on Friday 7thMay 2021. Interviews will be done via Zoom.