Qualified Teacher of the Deaf – Emmbrook Infant and Junior Schools
KS1 & KS2
Required September 2018
Part time – Permanent hours to be agreed
MPS to UPS1 + SEN 2 Allowance
(UPS2/3 considered for the right applicant)
Emmbrook Infant and Junior Schools are two maintained schools that share well established, extensive school grounds and the Hearing Impaired Resource Unit is based within the schools to support hearing impaired children.
We would like to appoint another teacher of the deaf from 1st September 2018 who has a good knowledge of the national curriculum and a genuine enthusiasm and commitment for working with hearing impaired children of all abilities and to continue the excellent provision currently delivered within our hearing impaired resource unit. We are a total communication setting and communicate with children in their preferred method of communication. Signing skills would therefore be an advantage.
You will be joining committed and enthusiastic teams at both schools who have considerable experience of working with hearing impaired pupils. Your role will be to continue the teaching and learning of the hearing impaired children in consultation with other school staff.
The ideal candidate:
- will have a flexible approach to meeting the individual needs of each child
- is highly motivated and would like to be part of our small, hardworking school family
- has excellent communication and organisational skills
- is committed to team work and maintaining high standards
- has high expectations for pupils’ achievement, progress and behaviour
In return we offer:
- welcoming and supportive schools graded ‘Good’ and improving by OFSTED
- supportive and friendly teams of staff and governors
- a strong ethos across the schools based on our shared values and high expectations
Visits to the schools and informal conversations with the Head Teachers are warmly welcomed and encouraged. Please call 0118 978 4259.
For an application pack please contact Mrs J Barrett, at email@example.com
Applications will be considered on receipt and interviews can be arranged at short notice.
Our schools are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS Disclosure.