Registered Qualified or Trainee BSL/English Interpreter – Love Language
We are seeking to recruit a registered Qualified or Trainee BSL/English Interpreter to join our team at Love Language. The post involves interpreting a variety of interpreting assignments within the technology, business, arts, political, education and social learning domains.
We welcome dynamic, flexible and motivated applicants, with experience of interpreting in a variety of domains and a wide range of sign language varieties.
You are expected to have a robust knowledge of the Deaf community and a clear understanding of the role of the BSL/English Interpreter. We look for candidates who are registered with the NRCPD and who display an active commitment to continuous professional development.
The domains we work in provide interpreters with tiered levels of work, which makes the post ideal for both new BSL/English interpreters seeking to develop their interpreting skills under supervision, as well as for more experienced interpreters who wish to contribute to the development and design of our Services.
Love Language is looking to recruit in-house BSL interpreters to work with its staff and customers both internally and externally. This is an exciting opportunity for a high skilled Interpreter looking for consistent work within our team orientated environment.
Can you demonstrate:
- Level 6 BSL qualification, together with a recognised interpreter qualification or working towards this
- NRCPD registration
- An understanding of the social and emotional barriers which Deaf people face
- Knowledge and an appreciation of the barriers Deaf people face.
- A commitment to professionalism with the ability to provide a first class service.
We will offer:
- A highly competitive salary.
- Long-term career development within a forward thinking and innovative organisation.
- A commitment to continued professional development.
- Access to appropriate professional supervision.
Location: London and UK Wide
For a job application pack please contact Human Resources department at firstname.lastname@example.org