Social Worker – Deaf Services Team, Sensory Needs Service
Department of Health & Wellbeing
Adult Social Care
(NQSW, Level 2 or Experienced SW role) within the Deaf Services Team, Sensory Needs Service
SCP 19-32: £24,799 to £34,788 pa
1 x 37 hours per week
Based at Morley Street Resource Centre
The Code of Practice on the English language requirement for public sector workers Part 7 of the Immigration Act 2016 requires that Councils ensure that all candidates applying for customer facing posts must be assessed in order to establish their fluency in English.
The criteria under Special Knowledge and Experience on the Job Profile, which is shown in this advert, outlines what level of fluency you will be expected to demonstrate. Therefore, it is essential that you provide examples in your application.
We are looking to recruit a Social Worker who will work with us in delivering Bradford’s vision for Community Led Support and our Home First strategy. The successful candidate will be skilled and motivated with excellent interpersonal skills, able to work with individuals creating timely, person centered, strength based assessments.
Demonstrating an understanding of the duties and responsibilities that underpins the work of Adult Services, you will have knowledge and awareness of Safeguarding and Promoting the welfare of Adults. With a strong and demonstrable belief that social work is human rights, you will have a deep understanding that whilst the Deprivation of Liberty Safeguards is about protecting Article 5 ECHR rights, it is Article 8 which defines good social work practice
If you believe in the core principles and values of Social Work we want you to be part of our team involved in creatively supporting people to be in control, safe and empowered.
- Understanding what harm or abuse is, recognising it and responding to it proportionately.
- Assessing risks and emotional resilience
- Reflecting, making informed judgments and initiative.
- Acting within local procedures, arrangements and others roles.
- You are able to work in partnership with others within the service and external partners to put adults and carers at the heart of decision making.
- Communicating well, sharing appropriate, succinct, objective information and analysis to aid joint decision making
- Being proactive, persistent and prepared to challenge and be challenged
- Knowing your legal responsibilities and others roles and joint procedure
- Demonstrating how to put person-centred values into practice in a way that promotes the value of individuals and to plan for their future well-being and fulfilment, you will need to have enthusiasm and be positive to change.
You must have:
- Experience in assessing the needs of adults and their carers and developing support plans to meet these needs.
- A CQSW/DIPSW/SW Degree or equivalent qualification and be registered with the Health and Care Professionals’ Council as qualified worker.
- Sound knowledge of Deaf Community culture and language and a minimum of BSL Level 2 or equivalent
- Have a full, valid driving licence and car available for work (unless a disability prevents this).
- It is desirable (although not essential) to have experience of working with people who are deafblind.
We can offer:
- An induction programme.
- Regular supervision.
- A culturally diverse workforce reflecting our community
Please note: Your working pattern will be 5 days over 7 including evenings, weekends and bank holidays as required by the needs of the service.
An enhanced disclosure check with the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) will be undertaken for this post.
For further details regarding this post please contact Catherine Smith or Gail Wright on 01274 435001 or head to our website at https://bradford.engageats.co.uk
Closing Date: 2nd December 2019