Support Worker for young Deaf person
We are looking to recruit a support worker in the Derby area to work with a delightful
13 year old Deaf young person.
The role will involve supporting the young person to access his local community and
engage in local sporting and leisure activities such as football. We are looking for
someone who is able to support the young person to develop a positive identity as a
Deaf person and to develop independent living skills such as using public transport.
The successful candidate will need to have experience working with children /
young people and will need to be able to communicate in British Sign Language.
The following qualities in the support worker are essential:
- Experience working with children / young people
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to act pro-actively and make informed decisions
- An understanding of Deaf culture and issues that young Deaf people face
- A ‘can do’ attitude
- Ability to motivate and engage young people
- A sense of fun and adventure but also mature and sensible to safeguard and ensure the young person’s safety
Terms: Permanent: actual hours of work to be agreed with the family but will
include day, evening and weekend working.
Hours: Approx 10 hours per week on an ‘as and when required’ basis.
Rates of Pay: £12 per hour
An enhanced disclosure from the Disclosure & Barring Service and references will be
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Sara Bond, Case Manager,
on 07900957575 or via firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply, please submit a CV and covering letter, quoting reference 17071/ESS, to
Closing date for applications: 4th July 18
Proposed interview date: 12th July 18
Bush & Company Rehabilitation are acting as agents on behalf of our client.