Support Worker (BSL) – Thames Reach
Support Worker (British Sign Language – BSL)
Brent Reach (External):
Do you want to end homelessness and make a positive difference to people’s lives?
Are you highly motivated and looking for a challenge?
Do you want to use your excellent people skills to support people to move away from homelessness?
Thames Reach are committed to helping homeless and vulnerable people to live in decent homes, build supportive relationships and lead fulfilling lives. Our vision is to end street homelessness and our aim is to achieve the highest standards and effectiveness in delivery of our services.
Our Brent Reach floating support service is supporting people to sustain their accommodation and achieve their aspirations. Brent Reach are recruiting to fill a variety of posts within this team, we are looking for applications from people new to the homelessness sector and experienced case workers.
The Support Worker (BSL) role would suit:
- People interested in working with Deaf people or people with hearing loss who require housing related support
- People who have a British Sign Language level 3 or above qualification or who people who have personal experience of conversing using British Sign Language
- People interested in working with people with rough sleeping histories or at risk of homelessness sustaining their tenancies.
- An understanding of how to support people with learning disabilities
- People with experience of face to face or customer service work.
- An understanding of how to support people to manage and sustain tenancies and engage positively with their local community.
- People with experience of supporting and motivating people to engage with health services, employment, training and education.
- People who are able to establish and maintain positive and effective working relationship with other agencies such as referral agencies, health services, benefit services and registered social landlords.
- People who have a good understanding of how to work as team, and share their knowledge and good practice with their colleagues, students and volunteers
- Those with strong administration experience who would like to work to support a key front line homelessness service.
You will play a key role in the development of our services and your work will contribute to influencing the future of service provision across the UK.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- The ability to provide a flexible and responsive service to people with rough sleeper histories.
- Excellent communication, organisation and creative problem solving skills.
- Commitment to working within the homelessness sector to support people to lead fulfilling lives.
- Creating and working through action plans and be strongly outcome focuses.
- The ability to follow instructions, manage and mitigate risk.
- The ability to use IT systems to communicate and record your work.
- Strong time management skills.
- Be confident in working autonomously as well as within a team, the role with involve office work and in the community.
As well as a great working environment we can also offer:
- We offer communication support for your interview (if required)
- Thames Reach is committed to the Disability Confident Scheme:
- Thames Reach can you support you to make a Access to Work application (if required)
- Support and training to develop your skills.
- Learning & Development opportunities including (Tuition Aid & Management Training)
- 5% employer contribution to pension
- Flexible working
- 29 days annual leave
Thames Reach is committed to achieving a diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We value, respect, and celebrate diversity. We welcome and encourage applicants from all sections of the community regardless of their history of homelessness, sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
Additional information about Brent Reach: https://thamesreach.org.uk/what-we-do/prevention/floating-support/brent-reach/
Application form: https://thamesreach.org.uk/about-us/careers/current-vacancies/