System Accountant – 12 month contract
South East Base – Closing date 24th February
It is a great time to join SignHealth. Together with our recently appointed Chief Executive, we are developing our new Strategy which will strengthen our presence and ensure the Charity continues to place its services at the fore. Our recently re-organised finance team will support the Charity to broaden and develop other income streams and new services.
SignHealth has just celebrated its 30th anniversary this year. We are a successful national charity, and keen to keep growing. We employ 160 people in projects all over the UK. We are proud that more than half our employees are deaf. Delivering deaf services for the deaf by deaf professionals, means we provide specialist, high quality services. The Charity has three decades of experience improving the lives of deaf people and ensuring that deaf people get the same access to healthcare as hearing people and support those for whom mainstream services ignore.
Clearly this role has a major part to play in the ongoing success of our ambitious charity to ensure it is flexible, adaptable and able to respond to changing commercial demands. The aim of this role is to take the lead in driving improvements within the Charity’s financial practices, procedures and finance systems and to raise the level of synergy between all systems responsibilities.
To be successful in this role you will have 5 years’ experience at finance manager/head of finance level, experience of introducing new accounting systems in an organisation with at least a £5m turnover, an accountancy qualification and a sound knowledge of Charity finance. On a personal level, you will excel at liaising with managers from all parts of the charity to interpret their needs and convert them into systems, reports and processes. Clearly offering challenge and making suggestions for improvements will come naturally to you.
How to Apply
- Application is by CV and a cover letter to email@example.com
- The covering letter should address your personal interest in the role, and how your experience supports you to fulfil the skills required. Recruitment pack are available for each role.
Further information and queries
- If you would like an informal and confidential discussion about the role, please contact Sarah Peter, Head of HR on 07928551291 or 01494 687600 (SignHealth Headquarters’ line.)
- Our online interpreter service: “InterpreterNow” is available to use for an informal discussion, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for details.
- SignHealth Website
- We positively welcome applications from D/deaf people who meet the criteria set out in the Person Specification.