Youth Manager – Deafness Support Network
- 3 Year Fixed Term Contract from 01/04/2021
- Based at Chester, Northwich or Macclesfield
- 24 hours per week to meet business needs
- c£36,000 pro rata
An exciting position has become available for a creative, dynamic & qualified Youth Manager to lead our vibrant Youth Service ‘Youth Vibe’.
You will be responsible for the co-ordination of youth clubs & activities for young D/deaf people & their hearing peers across Cheshire that encourage independence, positive aspirations & empowerment. We would like to hear from you if you are passionate about children, able to motivate & get the best out of your team & you are a team player with a can-do approach.
Key Responsibilities of the role include:
- Empowering young people to access activities & enhance their life skills
- Establish effective professional relationships with Young People, other professionals & the local community
- Leading a team of 6 Sessional Youth Workers & Volunteers, to ensure consistent service delivery
- Be aware of & closely follow all Safeguarding procedures, minimising any risks to Young People
As this post involves communicating with D/deaf people, you should preferably have a certificate in BSL Level 1, or the ability to demonstrate equivalent knowledge; this is not essential as full training will be given.
Whether this is your first step into this sector, or you have prior experience, you will be fully supported by an excellent programme of continuous training and development; allowing you to truly shine in your role! In return we offer a range of benefits including:
252 hrs holiday pro rata inc. Bank Holidays, Company Sick Pay, Contributory pension scheme*,Training/ Development, Cycle Scheme*,Gym Membership* & more! (*subject to qualifying criteria).
To apply, please visit Careers | DSN (dsnonline.co.uk)
This role is subject to receipt of satisfactory references and completion of an enhanced DBS disclosure.
We are an equal opportunities employer working to attract the best talent from diverse backgrounds to enhance our specialised team. For further details on our values or to request the advert/job description in any other format, please visit https://www.vercida.com/uk/employers/deafness-support-network
Closing Date – 10th February 2021 @ 12 noon.
If shortlisted, you will receive an invitation to a Zoom interview on 22/02/2021.