Date: Thu 3 Jun
Time: 11am & 2pm
Venue: Pentland Theatre, artsdepot
Price: £9 – £20
More info/booking: https://www.artsdepot.co.uk/family-may-half-term/snail-and-whale
Join an adventurous young girl and her seafaring father as they reimagine the story of a tiny snail’s incredible trip around the world, inspired by Julia Donaldson and Axel Scheffler’s much-loved picture book.
Longing to see the world, a tiny sea snail hitches a lift on the tail of a great big, grey-blue humpback whale. Together they go on an amazing journey, brought vividly to life through live music, storytelling and lots of laughs – but when the whale gets beached, how will the snail save him?
A heart-warming adventure for everyone aged four and up, from Tall Stories, the Olivier Award-nominated company that brought you The Gruffalo and Room on the Broom live on stage.
Covid-19 safety info
artsdepot is a Covid secure venue. We’ve put some measures in place to make sure your visit to this event is safe and comfortable:
- Limited capacity – we’ve reduced the number of seats available for this performance so there will be more space in the theatre and when you’re moving around the building.
- Socially distanced seating – you’ll be seated at least 1m from other groups and our Front of House team will direct you into the theatre to make sure there’s no rush and minimal queueing.
- Reduced queueing – we’ve added a one way system throughout the building and queueing markings at the Cafe and Box Office, to minimise queueing.
- Increased cleaning – our Facilities team are cleaning the building more often. You may see them carrying out their scheduled cleaning while you’re with us.
- Hand sanitiser – is available at the entrance, in the cafe and outside the theatre. Please use it whenever you like.
- Face coverings – staff and visitors are asked to wear face coverings in the building, this includes inside the theatres. This doesn’t apply to children under 11 and those who are medically exempt.
- Contactless payment – we’re taking contactless payments only at the cafe and Box Office to reduce the handling of cash and to minimise queueing.
- Social distancing – please remember to keep 2m distance between you and other people. We’ll ask you leave buggies on the ground floor to help maintain social distancing.
- Contactless tickets – we’ll send your tickets to you by text message, at least four hours before the show.