Chief Executive Officer – Deafway
Salary: Scale Points S3-S7 £56,953 – £60,962
Sector: Public Sector
Location: Preston, Lancashire.
We are seeking a Chief Executive Officer to join the Senior Management Team for a charity based in Preston, Lancashire.
As the Chief Executive Officer you will be reporting directly to the Board of Trustees. You will ensure that Deafway continues to provide services and carries out activities which make positive contributions to the lives of D/deaf people within the local area, nationally and internationally. You will be working closely with a team of senior managers and develop then review core strategy, policies and plans across the full range of Deafway’s activities. Keeping up to date with market trends and reacting to changes in demand and developments in the field of deafness are key elements to the role.
To be considered for this role you will require the following skills:
- Signature (CACDP) British Sign Language Level 2 or have the potential and willingness to gain the qualification within a maximum of one year of the appointment.
- A thorough understanding of the need for the provision of specialist residential care, health, well-being and support for Deaf people with additional needs.
- Experience in a senior management role in a charity or organisation together with excellent management and leadership skills.
- It would be desirable that you have a degree and or relevant professional or management qualifications.
- Proven track record of strategic planning and managing change.
- Experience in financial management, budgeting, cost control and risk management.
- A good knowledge of HR policy.
- IT literate.
- The ability to build and sustain excellent working relationships with beneficiaries, purchasers, professional, partners, grant makers, donors and supporters.
- Reporting to the trustees/directors you will also have experience and understanding of how an effective charity should operate.
For an information pack please contact Sam Jones (HR Manager) by:
Phone: 01772 796 461