Communication Support Worker – Southend High School for Girls
British Sign Language Level 3 or above
Salary Unqualified Teacher point 5 £26,622 per annum
We are seeking a Communication Support Worker able to work with a high achieving, deaf sixth form student studying for A Levels.
This role is for a fixed-term contract to support our student for the remainder of the two academic years at SHSG and is expected to end May 2023 and is dependent on the student’s remaining at the school.
The successful applicant will:
- provide effective support to our deaf student for all timetabled classes to include both BSL and note taking
- be an inspirational individual supporting student welfare and pastoral care
- will contribute to the whole school community and promote deaf awareness
- have excellent communication skills and the ability to liaise with students, staff, parents and external agencies as required
We can offer you:
- A strong, highly committed team of staff with an ethos of tolerance and a family community spirit
- Training and development and our commitment to staff wellbeing
- An environment which promotes innovation
Southend High School for Girls is a highly successful and oversubscribed girl’s grammar school rated ‘outstanding’ by Ofsted
This is an exciting time to join the school as it moves forward under the leadership of its Headteacher,
Mr Jason Carey
Application forms available at www.shsg.org
Completed applications and supporting letters to be submitted to email@example.com
Closing date: Monday 22nd November (midday)
For all enquiries please contact Karen Lacey at firstname.lastname@example.org
We reserve the right to call applicants to interview, and appoint, prior to the closing date
All staff at Southend High School for Girls have a responsibility for safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children. The successful applicant will be required to complete an enhanced DBS check. This is a customer-facing role needing fluent spoken English.