Qualified Teacher of the Deaf in Charge of Primary Resource
Job reference: REQ09693
Location: Bramley Grange Primary School, Rotherham, South Yorkshire
Salary: UPS 1 – 3 £40,625 – £43,685 Plus TLR2, SEN1
Job details: 32.5 Hours Per Week, Full Time, Permanent
Starting: 1st September 2023
Rotherham Inclusion Support Services (Hearing Impairment Team) are looking to appoint: An enthusiastic, and qualified proven Qualified Teacher of the Deaf with substantial Early Years experience and knowledge to lead a well- established committed team based at the Resource Provision for Deaf Children working within Bramley Grange Primary School, Rotherham (a mainstream school 3-11).
Do you have:
- The skills to work in partnership within this highly regarded mainstream school to enable the inclusion of deaf children?
- Commitment to the futures of deaf children, young people, their families and working with other agencies?
- The drive and innovation to further develop this well-regarded Resource Provision to enable the very best outcomes for deaf children?
- Dedication and a high level of motivation?
- Substantial Early Years experience?
- Excellent teaching skills?
- Excellent time management skills?
- Excellent team management skills?
- Excellent communication skills?
- Experience, passion and initiative to bring to the role?
- A good sense of humour?
- A commitment to make a difference to the lives of deaf children in Rotherham by overcoming barriers to deafness?
- A minimum qualification of Level 2 BSL?
Then please contact: Clare Armitage, Team Leader on 07557313105 or email Clare.Armitage@rotherham.gov.uk to discuss further and to arrange to visit the Resource Base and School.
The Team works across the borough within the home, pre-school, school and college settings supporting the educational, social and emotional needs of deaf children and young people.
This post involves working with children and therefore if successful you will be required to apply for a disclosure of criminal records check at an enhanced level. Further information about the Disclosure Scheme can be found at www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service-check Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. Rotherham Metropolitan Borough Council is committed to encouraging equality, diversity and inclusion among our workforce, and eliminating unlawful discrimination.
The aim is for our workforce to be truly representative of all sections of society and our customers, and for each employee to feel respected and able to give their best. For further information, please visit our website.
Closing date for applications: 23rd April 2023
Interviews to be held week beginning 8th May 2023
For more information about the above post, and to apply online please Click Here